Tuesday, July 1, 2008

DAY II

Check this out
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/06/30/stories/2008063050980100.htm <---That's the article in THE HINDU, regarding the second round on selections for Airtel Super Singer !!!!!
At 8:30 AM, on a fine Monday morning, Santhome was Abuzz with 200 odd contestants and their parents, for round 3 of Airtel Super Singer selection, aka elimination round.
All participants were asked to line up according to roll numbers ! Now, oru school maadiri feeling !Me was the second contestant !!!! Ha .. nadukkam started way back though !!!!! From 2000, 202 were selected for the Monday auditions ! And apparently, 15 were going to be picked for the next round !!!!!! How non-scary !!!!!!

I was rehearsing non-stop during my time in the queue, till a relative came up !!! Orey bore ! Anyway.. the thing is .. there were the cameramen agian, instructing us to talk/not-talk,walk-in-line/stop et al ! Pretty irritating ! And, around 10:45 AM, we were there at the auditorium at the basement, lined up to get new tags !!! A new 007 :P...!!! For some time pass, Chinmayi was entertaining the crowd(BWAHAHAHAHA) with some teasers, questions and embarrassments !!!!! The most irritating moments were, when a few members(aka participants) of the crowd were perennially given importance over the others ... WHY !!!!!! And I'm not mentioning them over here .. Sorry !!!!! I'ts not jealousy that works here .. it's just lack of courtesy to invite and involve everyone else, amidst well-known-faces from TV channels ! Anyway, chuck that !!!

The judges were introduced. Today it was going to be a pair of judges .. Deepan and Sunitha !!! From what people told me on Friday, Sunitha was pretty harsh on people during selection, as in, STRICT-types !!!!!! And surely, I'd have to meet her today. Since ours was the first batch of contestants, we were constantly given instructions, and scared...nothing less !!!!!!! Another round of seating arrangements inside ... and after like half an hour, Mr 001 Went in !!!!!! H e sang close to four lines, and BEEP!!!! Red it was : Disappointing !!!!! Next was me, and I was shivering from head to toe (765 KHz) . I go in, and Deepan remembered me from the Cold-and-cough mania on Friday !!!!!!! Lol .. what a way to remember !!!!!! I go in *cough cough* ... they ask questions, *cough cough*, I answer *cough cough*. I tell the song I'm going to sing *cough cough*, start singing !!!!!! Deepan's quiet !!! Both of them do this (PART I)

1)Discuss...

2) Discuss

3) Discuss !

Oh Stop !

Sunitha asked me to try a different genre, and I did 4 lines of it !

[Repeat PART I]

Again they ask me to try a different genre !!!! Oh please .. something that tests my low ranges .. ! Now here's how you should learn how to torture someone who's already unable to sing ! Fine .. I did sing though lol !!!!

[Repeat Part I] :(

And .. some mini-lecture, and she says it's unfortunate, but they'll have to reject me .. I guess the Red thing did go off, coz I had closed my eyes, and not seen a thing ! .. and here I am, typing away whatever little I know of what went inside that auditorium !

Some brainies got spot selected ... and are too modest to accept !!!! I'm only too happy for them ! May you Rock on !!!!!!!!!! Apparently , Mr. Deepan was sitting there coz there was an empty seat !!!!! Sunitha didn't really have to take an upperhand !! Anyway, winners ki jai ho !!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Narayani said...

I hate your "cold-cough" !!!! :-(